Wednesday, August 24, 2011

{ DIY: A Piece of Cake Pop }

In the midst of the cake pop trend, I decided to try and make it for my son’s first birthday party.  After researching online and watching many YouTube instructional video’s, I thought it would be a piece of cake.  I had to make about 130 cake pops for each of our guests, but ended up making about 200. Wowzers!  Luckily, my good friend was there to help me out the night before.  My kitchen was a complete mess and there was melted blue chocolate everywhere.  The theme of the birthday party was Lilo & Stitch.  





At the end of it, I learned that as simple as it is to make, it’s also very labourous when you’re making that many cake pops the night before.  It didn't turn out as smooth and pretty like how the professionals do it, but needless to say, it was a huge success and all of our guests loved it.  


Below are a few more pics of things I created for the party.




No comments:

Post a Comment